Maddilyn-Rose Ava Stokes, two, died on May 25, 2017 after severe burns to her back, buttocks, groin and legs.
Her parents Shane David Stokes, 33, and Nicole Betty Moore, 26, on Feb. 19, attended court at the Supreme Court of Brisbane, admitting the charges of torture and manslaughter.
According to the indictment, Stokes held his daughter under the hot water in the bath so that she suffered “extreme pain”. This cruel act of her caused her daughter to suffer second degree burns on May 20, 2017. The reason why Stokes and his wife do this to their daughter is because … she dirty her diaper.
Medical staff found the girl unconscious, 5 days after the incident at the Stokes family’s home in Northgate, Brisbane (Australia).
The couple told police that the little girl had been in a hot tub for several days, resulting in death.
Follow abc.net.auThe couple did not call for medical help and attempted to self-treat their daughter when police found blood soaked bandages, makeup removers and toilet paper in the home.
Maddilyn-Rose died of a cardiac arrest at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital.
Crown prosecutor Sarah Farnden said the toddler suffered “excruciating pain” for days before dying.
“The little girl was so miserable and painful during that time, she couldn’t walk”the prosecutor said. “The little girl is dehydrated and weak, unable to eat and drink properly, may be vomiting. Perhaps she is delirious and unconscious before the heart stops and stops breathing.”
The court sentenced Stokes to 11 years in prison and Moore was sentenced to 9 and a half years in prison for causing the death of their daughter.
Judge David Jackson told the “devil” couple: “The failure of a sibling to perform parental duties after the girl was burned caused her death. It’s horrifying to see the suffering your daughter has to endure at your hand when it shouldn’t have happened. “
#couple #bathed #2yearold #daughter #boiling #water #outrageous #reasons