Today, the most popular cryptocurrency has dropped in price by 15% at once, fixing itself well below 47 thousand dollars.
Bitcoin exchange rate plummeted after growth the day before / REUTERS
Bitcoin price continues to fall for the second day in a row after a record rally. Today, the most popular cryptocurrency has dropped in price by 15% at once, fixing itself well below 47 thousand dollars.
Read alsoElon Musk revealed the secret of bitcoin’s success
This is evidenced by the trading data on the CoinDesk portal.
On the CoinDesk cryptocurrency exchange, the price of bitcoin as of 12:44 fell immediately by 15% – to $ 46,973.
Before that, the value of bitcoin has been growing for four weeks in a row, starting at the end of January. During this time, bitcoin has risen in price 1.7 times – up to 56 thousand from almost 32 thousand dollars a month ago. In general, in February the growth is still about 45%.
In particular, yesterday the cost of bitcoin broke another historic record of 58 thousand dollars, after which it fell sharply on Monday, going below the psychological mark of 50 thousand dollars.
How the cryptocurrency rate has changed
- In February 2020, against the backdrop of a fall in global stock markets, Bitcoin was growing steadily. On February 9, the price of the cryptocurrency crossed the $ 10 thousand mark for the first time since October 2019.
- The cryptocurrency price fell 32% to $ 3915 on March 13, 2020, the lowest since March 2019.
- On May 11, 2020, Bitcoin halving (BTC) took place. The main task of this mechanism, laid down in the protocol of the blockchain network more than ten years ago, is to control the emission of cryptocurrency and curb its inflation.
- American stock indices Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq and S&P 500 plummeted by 9.5 percent at the end of trading on March 12. This marked a record fall since October 19, 1987, known as Black Monday.
- As of July 28, 2020, at the beginning of the quarantine, bitcoin has risen in price three times.
- As of October 21, 2020, the bitcoin rate, which collapsed in early September, reached $ 12,291 per coin.
- On October 22, 2020, the value of bitcoin rose to an annual high.
- On November 4, 2020, on the day of the presidential election in the United States, the bitcoin rate rose above $ 14 thousand.
- On November 18, 2020, the value of bitcoin for the first time since December 2017 exceeded $ 18 thousand.
- On December 16, Bitcoin set three records at once.
- On December 30, 2020, the bitcoin rate rose to $ 29 thousand.
- As of January 8, 2021, the cost of bitcoin exceeded $ 40 thousand.
- On February 19, 2021, Elon Musk revealed the secret of bitcoin’s success.
Read the latest news from Ukraine and the world on the UNIAN channel in Telegram
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl + Enter
#Bitcoin #crashed #bitcoin #rate #February #News #Ukraine #UNIAN