Tuesday, February 23, 2021 20:15 PM (GMT + 7)
Three weeks before the outbreak, Italy did not tell WHO the truth about its readiness to respond to the pandemic. This makes Italy one of the countries most severely affected by the Covid-19 epidemic in Europe and the world, according to The Guardian.
Man fainted on the streets of Italy during Covid-19 translation (photo: The Sun)
Every year, every country bound by the International Health Treaty (IHR) must submit a report to WHO on its pandemic readiness or public health emergency.
In the report sent on 4.2.2020 to WHO, Italy confidently rated itself at level 5 – the highest level – in the ability to be ready to handle pandemic.
However, according to The Guardian, Italy has practically not updated the country’s medical capacity since 2006. Italy’s subjectivity is an important reason that the country recorded more than 10,000 deaths from Covid-19 in the first wave of epidemics.
Documentation of the Italian medical self-assessment sent to WHO was collected by prosecutors of Lombardia – Italy’s Covid-19 translation center.
The people of Lombardia have filed a lawsuit accusing the government of being subjective and negligent in the prevention of Covid-19.
The Italian outbreak began in February last year. The Italian disease response is considered to be ineffective and asynchronous.
Former Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, Health Minister Luciana Lamorgese, Interior Minister Attilio Fontana, were summoned by the Lombardian Prosecutors’ Office to question the response to the disease.
Before filing his resignation, Prime Minister Conte said that I had done everything I could to deal with the crisis called Covid-19.
Some allegations that Italy deceived WHO about its ability to deal with the Covid-19 epidemic (photo: Guardian)
Prosecutors said that the last time Italy had a self-assessment of its pandemic potential and sent it to WHO was in 2006. Under obligations under the IHR, Italy must undertake this work in 2013 and 2018. However, Italy did not.
Pier Paolo Lunelli – retired Italian army general – said that Prime Minister Conte’s government “deceived” people about the Covid-19 translation.
“The government lied to the Italians that they were always ready. Worse yet, they try to deceive WHO, EU and other European countries. Italy has declared the ability to cope with the epidemic that we do not have, ”said Mr. Lunelli.
As of February 23, Italy recorded a total of 95,992 deaths caused by Covid-19.
“There is clear evidence that the government lied about its capacity to respond to the pandemic,” said Consuelo Locati – lawyer representing the families of Covid-19 deaths.
Locati added that he sent a letter to the new Prime Minister Mario Draghi to claim compensation for the families of the victims.
In the latest move, the US announced sanctions imposed on two senior Myanmar military generals after the incident …
#Fool #Italy #burdened #Covid19