A scandal broke out in Argentina with the vaccination of famous people after the Ministry of Health published a list of 70 people who received the vaccine against coronavirus illegally.
The list includes President Alberto Fernandez and members of his cabinet, as well as Economy Minister Martin Guzman, Argentine ambassador to Brazil, former president Eduardo Dualde, his wife and their children, and officials who are not among the priorities for the first 1.8 million doses of vaccines. .
Priorities for obtaining the vaccine are health workers and people older than 70 in the interior of the country, and older than 80 in Buenos Aires.
The scandal erupted on Friday when a journalist on the radio said that because of his friendship with former Minister of Health Guinness Gonzalez Garcia, who had to resign, he was vaccinated at the ministry’s premises, while the hospital in Buenos Aires received 3,000 doses of coronavirus vaccine.
In Argentina, which has a population of 44 million, more than two million people have been registered and 51,000 have died from coronavirus.
The country has so far received 1.22 million doses of the Russian vaccine Sputnik V and 580,000 doses of the Indian vaccine, and in the coming days it expects one million doses of the Chinese vaccine Sinofarm.
About 13 lawsuits have been filed against the former Minister of Health, and the new Minister Carla Vizoti denies the existence; “VIP vaccine” within the ministry.
“The idea of VIP vaccination in the Ministry of Health is wrong. “What happened was a specific situation, 10 people went to be vaccinated and the president took the necessary measures,” she said.
At the request of the prosecutor’s office from Buenos Aires, the police were at the Ministry of Health last night to check who entered the building on February 1 and 19, the Argentine press writes.
Read more about covid-19 and the consequences of the pandemic in the country and the world on the Coronavirus page.
#scandal #Argentina #vaccination #celebrities