– Svetlana, please tell me: why should you watch your interview with Dmitry Gordon?
– Well, at least to look at Dmitry Gordon.
– They answered like a woman (laugh) … Were there interesting messages in your interviews that you want the Belarusians and the rest of the world to hear?
– Yes. Everything I say, I say for Belarusians: our struggle is very important now, we are making history, our actions, our struggle are important for future generations. We do this not so much for ourselves as for our children.
– Tell me: in person, Dmitry Gordon turned out to be like?
– Charming, very sweet and perceptive.
Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, Alesya Batsman and Dmitry Gordon. Photo: Rostislav Gordon / Gordonua.com
– What is your happiest day?
– Oh! Yes, there are a lot of them … The happiest day? Listen, I’m a woman – birthday of my children.
– What’s the worst day?
– Three days.
– Tell us.
– It’s three days after [президентских] elections [которые состоялись 9 августа 2020 года]when Belarusians were subjected to the most severe torture and violence by the security forces in the prisons of Belarus.
– What did you feel then?
– Colossal horror and misunderstanding: is it really all happening in my native country, in my beloved, dear Belarus?
– You were not ready for this?
– Absolutely not.
– Do you hate Alexander Lukashenko?
“I don’t think I’m capable of feelings such as hatred. But I am very disappointed that a person who says “we will not give up his beloved” rapes, beats and humiliates this beloved.
– Surely you tried to imagine, scroll in your head – when you meet your husband Sergei, what words will you say to him?
– Words of love. How much we missed him, how important he is to us. Although he already knows it … It’s just that such words cannot be postponed until later, they must be reminded and spoken every day.
Sergey Tikhanovsky. Photo: stranadlyazhizni / Instagram
– You said that your son, who is 10 years old, understands what is happening, understands why dad is in prison, that Belarusians in his native country are beaten, humiliated … And what does he call Lukashenka when you communicate with each other?
– He has a word, but I will not say it. This is still a child, not worth it. [Пусть будет] ex-president.
– Were there any situations when you made mistakes? If so, what were the mistakes?
– You know, I probably made a mistake when I didn’t bother to find out, find out, learn how to communicate with security officials, how to counteract their pressure, and just didn’t bother in advance that such a situation could be.
– What are you then [в августе] left the country – was it a mistake?
– I cannot say that this is a mistake … Knowing their methods of work, I think things could have turned out differently.
– When Sergei was thrown into prison, you decided to go to the polls and you were registered. What was his reaction?
– He was very surprised. He never thought that I could do this, although I had no doubts that I would do it for him. Probably, it was so in our family that I was “for my husband”, he was in charge. Perhaps I have never done such bold deeds.
– He was surprised that you are capable of this at all? Didn’t he expect?
– He did not expect, did not expect, and of course, there was a sense of pride.
– As far as I understand, he is a very strong, strong-willed and rather tough person, a leader. Did he praise you in any way?
– “Praised” does not sound very good … He told me a lot of kind words: how much he loves me, that he is proud of me, that I took the right step.
– When you were at the CEC [10 августа 2020 года] and they had conversations with you [правоохранители]after which you were forced to leave Belarus, is it true that you had a telephone conversation with Sergei and he told you: “Don’t give up”?
– Yes, [он сказал]: “Don’t give up, fight.”
– And what else did he tell you (he understood the threat to his life and to your life)?
– He said (it was then scattered): “Be tougher.” I could not ask questions, what he meant, but he knows what kind of person I am, that I am very gentle, that I always justify everyone and try to understand. He said: “Be harsher in your rhetoric, do not veil someone’s words or someone’s actions, speak as it is.”
Photo: Rostislav Gordon / Gordonua.com
– Do you have a stylist now or do you choose clothes yourself?
– There is.
– The name of?
– Is she local or did she come with you from Belarus?
– Paradoxical as it may seem, but now, naming a person who is related to me, I can substitute this person.
– Okay, let’s not do this. What will you tell the president [Украины Владимиру] Zelensky, when will you meet with him?
– I’ll tell you a joke (smiling). It is clear that he is already in a serious position, he has done a lot for Ukraine, he is doing everything he can …
– Let’s end on the positive. What is your dream?
– Dreams can change, but now the dream is for Lukashenko to leave, for everyone to be released from prison, for new elections to take place and we all start building a new Belarus together.
– I wish you this dream come true as soon as possible.
– Thank you so much!
Video: Alesya Batsman / YouTube
#Sergei #surprised #decided #president #Belarus #thought #GORDON