Tuesday, February 23, 2021

People with Glasses Less Likely to get COVID-19


According to a study conducted in India, people who wear glasses are less likely to get coronavirus on the grounds that they take their hands less on their faces during the day.

Since the coronavirus pandemic began to affect our entire lives, scientists have shifted all their focus in this direction. While vaccine and drug developments continue to prevent the virus, in our daily life, cleanliness, mask and distance importance is emphasized. A new study in India people who wear glasses are less likely to get coronavirus. showed how it affected.

According to research by scientists, people who wear glasses are likely to get COVID-19 It can be 3 times less. The reason this people who wear glasses put their hands less on their faces can be shown as. A person who does not wear glasses often puts his hand on his face and touches his eyes, nose or mouth in his daily life. People who wear glasses normally rub their eyes less frequently. As a result, it also reduces the risk of getting coronavirus.

According to the research, 81 percent of those who get coronavirus do not wear glasses

Researchers examined 304 COVID-19 patients (223 men, 81 women) in a hospital for two weeks in the summer of 2020, according to the article published on the website MedRxiv that has not yet been peer-reviewed. Of these patients between the ages of 10 and 80 19 percent wear glasses While stated, the remaining 81 percent were not wearing glasses. Researchers found that the participants touched their face 23 times an hour and their eyes 3 times an hour.

As a result of this research It was found that people who wear glasses have 2 to 3 times less risk of getting coronavirus. In the published article, “Touching and rubbing the eyes with contaminated hands can be an important route of infection.“The explanation took place.

People who wear contact lenses can switch to glasses

Glasses

Researchers said in their earlier statement contact lens wearers He asked them to wear glasses to minimize the chance of the COVID-19 virus passing from their hands to their eyes. When we think within the framework of logic, wearing glasses can prevent getting coronavirus on the grounds that it prevents the contact of hands and face to a certain extent.

RELATED NEWS

The World Health Organization Announces the End of the Coronavirus Outbreak

So what do you think about this research? Do you take your hand to your face frequently during the day? You can share with us in the comments section.

Source :
https://www.indyturk.com/node/319741/sa%C4%9Flik/g%C3%B6zl%C3%BCk-kullananlar%C4%B1n-kovid-19a-yakalanma-olas%C4%B1l%C4%B1%C4%9F%C4%B1n%C4%B1n-%C3%BC%C3%A7-kat-kadar-daha-az-oldu%C4%9Fu





#People #Glasses #COVID19

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot Topics

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...

Related Articles

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...