By investing in a photovoltaic park, companies can secure their future electricity supply at a stable price, contribute to society’s energy conversion and signal to customers that they are actively working for increased sustainability.
– Companies have long been generous in putting their name on arenas and sports teams. Here opens up a new opportunity to be able to show their environmental commitment and sustainability thinking. It has an enormous marketing value that can benefit the company’s business, says Jonas Helander, acting CEO of the solar cell company EnergiEngagemang.
The expansion of solar energy in Sweden and especially in the world is going fast. This means that the prices of solar cells have fallen sharply at the same time as research and development have had a higher effect.
The IEA, the International Energy Agency, recently named solar energy as the new king of the global electricity market in its latest report, which is not surprising as solar cells have many advantages over other methods of producing electricity.
It does not run out, unlike coal, oil and natural gas. Solel has minimal environmental impact after the construction phase, operation is quiet, the panels are discreet and a finished solar cell system is virtually maintenance-free, which keeps operating costs down.
Solar cells – the energy solution of the future
So far, discussions about solar panels have often been about smaller facilities that homeowners or companies install on their roofs. Now an opportunity opens up for companies to invest completely or as co-owners in larger photovoltaic parks in a simpler way.
– That a company builds its own photovoltaic park shows that you are part of something new and take an active part in the energy transition. There are also concrete advantages such as that solar energy is the fastest and cheapest type of power when it comes to building new energy production. Solar energy is a good complement to the Swedish electricity system, which largely consists of wind, hydropower and nuclear power, says Jonas Helander.
The price of electricity in Sweden can vary greatly and is determined by supply and demand in a market with several hundred players. This uncertainty factor can be costly for companies.
With its own solar park, the price will be significantly more stable.
– Many are worried that the price of electricity is going up and down. It is unpredictable and it becomes difficult to plan your business. With your own photovoltaic park, you thus secure part of your consumption at a long-term fixed electricity price because you know what the plant costs over time, he says and continues:
– Through an arrangement with a solar cell contractor like us together with an electricity trading company, we can offer a long-term stable electricity price. It will benefit the company’s operations.
EnergiEngagemang has extensive knowledge and experience of building larger solar parks. Among other things, the company has built Sweden’s largest solar park along the E20 outside Strängnäs. It consists of 41600 solar panels and supplies electricity to tenant-owner associations within HSB Södermanland.
– This arrangement is especially suitable for companies with many smaller branches or that have operations where it is simply not appropriate to build photovoltaic systems on existing roofs. There is plenty of low-productivity agricultural land that is fallow and that can be used to advantage to build a larger solar park, he says.
Great PR value with solar park
For a company, a photovoltaic park has a great marketing value that can benefit the business.
– If you build a solar park along a motorway, a visual impression is created for passers-by. It will be like a big billboard that shows that the company is part of the energy transition to a more sustainable society and that you work for the future, says Jonas Helander.
Even if a photovoltaic system requires a high initial investment cost, it is expected to recoup the cost in a much shorter time than the lifespan of the photovoltaic park.
– The repayment period for a photovoltaic park is just over 10 years, but the park is viable for at least 35 years. What you should keep in mind is that if you do nothing at all, you have the same uncertain electricity costs left. Passivity has a price too. A photovoltaic system can create security for a company, he concludes.
EnergiEngagemang has its roots in Sörmland but installs photovoltaic systems throughout Sweden. Since the start in 2012, they have been one of Sweden’s leading solar cell installers for agriculture, industry, real estate companies and BRFs. EnergiEngagemang is a Certified installer of solar according to requirements from the Swedish Energy Agency, is registered with the Swedish Electrical Safety Agency and Di Gasell for the second year in a row.
Read more at www.energiengagemang.se