Despite Corona: Holidays at Easter are possible in these countries
In Germany, some politicians have rejected the Easter holiday. In other countries it is possible – for vaccinated people.
- After more than a year of the corona pandemic, many people are looking to vacation
- It is still unclear whether it is possible to travel within Germany at Easter
- But those who are vaccinated can go on vacation abroad again
With the start of vaccination in Germany, the debate about privileges for vaccinated people began. Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn already rejected them in December. But reality has long since created facts – even when it comes to vacation trips.
The Düsseldorf tour operator Alltours has already announced that from autumn onwards, Allsun brand holiday hotels will only welcome guests with a corona vaccination. Allsund operates 35 hotels in Greece, the Canaries – and Mallorca under the Allsun brand.
Read here: When is Easter 2021? That’s the data
Holiday thanks to corona vaccination: this is reality in these countries
The most popular holiday island for Germans, along with the Canaries and the Extramadura region, has the best incicide values in Spain. Since Sunday, the Foreign Office (AA) no longer classifies Spain as a high-risk area, but only as a risk area. Entry and exit as well as a vacation in Spain are still subject to strict corona restrictions. Also read: This applies to entry from the Czech Republic, Tyrol and Co.
However, there are already countries that are a whole step further. Vacation there is already possible without entry restrictions and quarantine – provided you have been vaccinated or have survived a Covid 19 disease. An overview:
Coronavirus – The most important news at a glance
Where vacation for corona vaccinated people is already possible
- Madeira: The Foreign Office classifies mainland Portugal as a virus variant area with the corresponding travel restrictions. But a trip to Madeira is possible. As the tourist office of the popular holiday island in the Atlantic reports, fully vaccinated people do not have to show a negative PCR test. The vaccination certificate must be in English and contain important information such as name, date of birth, type of vaccine and date of vaccination. People who have survived a corona infection in the past 90 days are also exempt from the obligation to test. However, this must be proven with a medical certificate. All other visitors to the island must still present a negative PCR test.
- Poland: The neighboring German country has abolished the ten-day quarantine requirement on entry for people who have been proven to be vaccinated. The corona test is also not required for this group of people. This is what the current entry regulations provide. Otherwise, if you want to travel to Poland on vacation without having to be in quarantine, you need a negative PCR test that must not be older than 48 hours.
- Romania: The Romanian government has also lifted the mandatory test for vaccinated persons on entry. The same applies to people who have recovered from Corona in the past 90 days. According to the AA, the second vaccination dose must have been administered at least ten days before entering Romania. If the infection is overcome, at least 14 days must have passed from the test result to entry.
- Estonia: A trip to Estonia is possible without restriction for vaccinated and convalescent people. Both vaccination and recovery must have occurred in the past six months. In both cases, medical evidence must be presented, which can be read, for example, in the travel and safety information of the Foreign Office for Estonia.
Corona – More information on the topic
In Israel and the Seychelles, people vaccinated against corona do not have to be quarantined
- Georgia: The Caucasus country allows unrestricted entry by air for people who are fully vaccinated against the virus and have proof of it. A vaccine that requires two injections requires both doses. All others require a PCR test, which must not be older than 72 hours. According to the AA, another test is necessary after entry.
- Israel: Hardly any other country in the world is making progress with vaccinating its population as quickly as Israel. In the Mediterranean country, vaccinated people are therefore again given greater freedom. This also applies to foreigners who want to come to the country. According to information from the AA, there are exceptions to the test and quarantine obligation for travelers who can prove that they have already been vaccinated or have been sick with Covid-19. However, for the time being there is still an entry ban for foreigners. According to the AA, exceptions only apply to foreign travelers who can prove that they live in Israel. Read about it: So Israel became world champion in vaccination
- Seychelles: In the island state in the Indian Ocean, at least there is no quarantine requirement for travelers who can prove a complete vaccination. The vaccination must be two weeks ago, according to the travel advice of the AA. However: A negative PCR test not older than 72 hours must still be submitted.
Corona vaccination – More about the vaccines:
Greece wants to make vacation possible for vaccinated people in summer
People traveling to Greece still have to present a negative PCR test. Until the summer, entry without restrictions should also be possible for vaccinated persons. The country, which is heavily dependent on tourism, is very committed to the EU vaccination pass: “The people who are vaccinated must be allowed to travel freely,” said the Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis weeks ago.
EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has also spoken out in favor of an EU-wide recognized certificate for a corona vaccination. “I welcome the initiative of the Greek Prime Minister,” said von der Leyen of the Athens newspaper “Ta Nea”. What still has to be decided, however, is a Europe-wide regulation and how the trips can take place. According to von der Leyen, this can only be discussed when a large part of the population has been vaccinated. Read about it: In the EU, doubts are growing in von der Leyen’s crisis management
Greece has already made an agreement with Israel that vaccinated people can travel between countries without any restrictions. A similar regulation is already on the way with Great Britain. The Greek Tourism Minister Harry Theocharis confirmed negotiations with the BBC. However, there are still no such agreements within the EU.
Do I have to be vaccinated against Corona for a flight or a cruise?
The Australian airline Qantas announced in November that it would only take vaccinated people on certain routes. Other airlines were then irritated. The BDL aviation association promptly made it clear that it did not think so. Also read: Corona vaccination: millionaire wants to offer vaccination on the plane
Among the cruise lines there is so far almost no provider who plans to have vaccinations, as an overview of the portal Cruisetricks.de shows. These include the most relevant shipping companies for German holidaymakers Aida Cruises, TUI Cruises, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, MSC Cruises and Costa. Ultimately, however, the ports called have a say in this. According to the AA, cruise ships are allowed to dock in the large port of Funchal on Madeira, for example. However, a decision is made on a case-by-case basis whether the passengers should go ashore.
(dpa / jas)
#Corona #Easter #Holidays #countries #vaccinated #people