The national restaurant association and its catering business Ολλανδίας announced that it would sue the Dutch state to overthrow it lockdown imposed on the industry to stem the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, voicing fears that the measures will lead to numerous “padlocks”.
Koninklijke Horeca Nederland (KHN), the largest association representing Dutch hosting companies, said it made the move because the government had not provided a clear plan for business opening of the industry, four months later the order to close them.
KHN is also seeking indefinite heights compensation in the last appeal against measures taken by the Dutch government to deal with the pandemic.
A Dutch court last week ruled in favor of the organization. lockdown, ordering the government to lift the night-time curfew, which sparked protests when it was imposed on January 23rd.
Immediately after the court verdict was issued, the government appealed and the implementation of the decision was suspended until the Court of Appeals ruled.
The government is expected to extend its measure tomorrow, Tuesday traffic ban for another three weeks until the end of March, but will allow hairdressers and high schools to reopen next week, local media reported.
“We are deeply disappointed with this government,” said KHN President Robert Willemsen. And, at the same time, our businesses are collapsing. “
#Koronovirus #Netherlands #catering #industry #suing #state #lockdown