Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A family sues the attendant for $ 100 million after the death of their son


An American family has filed a lawsuit against the nation’s public utility authorities, valued at $ 100 million, alleging that they caused the death of their 11-year-old son.

The lawsuit was charged with gross negligence that caused the death of a child, whose family suspects that he suffered from hypothermia when the heating and electricity of their caravan were cut off during the recent historical storm.

According to ABC News, the victim’s mother, Christian Pineda, filed a lawsuit in Jefferson County Courthouse against the Texas Electricity Reliability Board (ERCOT) and the Texas Energy Providers Entergy, claiming that the giants of public utilities. They accumulate profits at the expense of people’s well-being, ”by ignoring previous recommendations regarding the need to prepare their electricity network for the winter, which suffered a catastrophic failure last week and left more than 4 million customers without heating and electricity, as temperatures dropped in some parts of the state. To number one.

According to the lawsuit, the child, Christian, died last Tuesday in his family’s caravan of Conroy in Houston, while he was sharing a bed with his 3-year-old brother under a pile of blankets, in an attempt to stay warm.

“This boy died for no reason other than the company’s decisions,” said the Pineda family’s lawyer, Tony Bozbey. There are a lot of decisions taken long ago, which led to the death of this child, this is unacceptable.

Busby indicated that he now represents 7 families who lost loved ones as a result of the harsh weather, and said that more lawsuits will be filed against the electricity companies, adding that: “Christian’s lawsuit is the first and it should be the first, this child will change Texas, and God bless.”

Texas Governor Greg Abbott confirmed today, Sunday, that tens of thousands of people are still without electricity in the state so far.

Abbott said, “About 30,000 people in Texas are still without electricity after an unprecedented and fatal polar storm.”



#family #sues #attendant #million #death #son

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot Topics

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...

Related Articles

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...