Subscribe to receive the most important news
“Sounds of Red Mars”, circulated by social media leaders, a video clip, which was attached to the title “Live scenes broadcast for the first time”, in which there were voices heard from the surface of the planet broadcast by the NASA “Perseverance” probe, which aroused the curiosity of many observers around the world .
The video was also broadcast by the space scientist, Dr. Farouk El-Baz, and he said on a page that is claimed to be his personal Facebook page, Sunday, that the video “The first view of the desert of Mars, sent by the spacecraft (Perseverance), from its landing site in the Gizuru area near Delta sediments of an ancient river ».
It is true that “Perseverance”, weighing 1050 kilograms and costing two billion and 700 million dollars, touched the surface of Mars last Thursday, and yesterday a video of the “first video from Mars”, which achieved 17.1 million views on Twitter, was published.
“Al-Masry Al-Youm” tried to verify the video from “NASA” and the official account of the probe “Perseverance” on “Twitter”. We found the following:
1. The Perseverance account on Twitter did not publish the circulating video. The last picture it posted was from the moment the probe landed on Mars.
– NASA’s Perseverance Mars Rover (@NASAPersevere) February 19، 2021
2. The video shows panoramic images taken by the Curiosity probe, in March 2020, which landed on Mars in 2012, and since then, it has wandered for more than 15 miles in the rocky terrain, and over the years, “Curiosity” captured a large number of Rich and vibrant Mars images.
3. “NASA” has not instructed “Perseverance” to drive anywhere yet, yet the video shows a long path from the probe’s paths, according to an article written by the author, MARK KAUFMAN, specializing in space affairs.
4. At the end of the video, you can see the word “Curiosity” printed in English on the probe.
5. NASA has also not instructed “Perseverance” to raise the flag yet, which contains high-resolution cameras that can take such pictures.
6. The “Perseverance” probe was provided with microphones to capture the sound of Mars, which are not present in the probe “Curiosity”. However, about two years ago, NASA engineers found a clever way to sense some of the winds of Mars using the NASA landing craft, “Insight”, but the sounds in the video are not It is related to “Curiosity” pictures.
7. The images appear to have been taken on a high edge, although “Perseverance” deliberately landed in the crater of a volcano near an ancient river delta, NASA believed that water was present on the surface of Mars.
To follow what the probe is already doing on social media, avoid random videos on Twitter and simply follow NASA’s “Perseverance” account. The agency will eagerly follow everything that a wheeled robot does. And like many of us, they are pleased with their latest probe.
8. By following the “Curiosity” account, we found that the video circulating as belonging to the “Perseverance” probe, published from March 2020.
How’s this for 2020 vision? Over the holidays، I took a series of high-res photos of my hometown on #Mars. This panorama is made up of a crisp 1.8 billion pixels. It’s my most detailed view to date.
Zoom in: https://t.co/F2VAjvAVVV pic.twitter.com/nTMhOTx2Di
— Curiosity Rover (@MarsCuriosity) March 4، 2020
9. We also found that the only video circulating about the “Perseverance” probe, was posted on the NASA website as an illustration only.
It is noteworthy that the probe “Perseverance” sent the first image of an area of the “Jizero” crater, as it descended to study its geological situation, and for 687 days to search for any trace of life that blossomed in its environment in the far past of the planet.
Jizero 3 billion and 500 million years ago, was like a lake 49 km in diameter, rich with water flowing to it from two channels that appear in the photos published by the Al Arabiya news channel, as well as a delta from a river that split into two branches.
Then the spacecraft continued to take pictures of the surrounding area and send them to the NASA control team on Earth.
Among the most striking of these pictures is a picture taken by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter launched by NASA, which has been circling Mars since 2006. The vehicle appeared in it after it entered its airspace and a speed-reducing parachute drove it to its pre-prepared landing site, and was led by a radar attached to it.
The other landing mechanism is a “celestial platform” known in English as the skycrane, which descends through the reverse jet, hanging from it with ropes and special wires, according to the NASA website.
The site indicated that this image was taken by a camera installed in the “celestial platform” and transmitted to the spacecraft when it seized the Martian nodule. In turn, the spacecraft sent it to Earth, and then separated from it “the platform” to crash elsewhere.
As for the third picture, it was taken by a camera in the vehicle of one of the 6 wheels, which will begin next week to tour through the promising crater, while the fourth image is for graphics from NASA on the new navigation technology related to the terrain “to avoid risks and find a safe place to land in the Jezero crater on Mars.” .
As the picture shows, the published graphic with the image of the wheel shows areas in blue that are safe in the crater for landing, and red areas that are not valid, because they are rugged and thorny with pits and rocks that may interfere with the “Perseverance” wandering on Mars, which they reached after traveling 471 million kilometers in a journey that took 203 days. , At a speed of 96 thousand kilometers per hour.
In the graphic image, we find that the landing area is colored green, according to what was distinguished by a report from the “Jet Propulsion Laboratory”, which is the most sophisticated and complex of the Mars missions that NASA has carried out so far, considering that “Perseverance” is equipped with an intelligently enhanced technological cocktail. Synthetic was not the luck of any other spacecraft.
The summary of the mission, which includes the flight of a small helicopter in the atmosphere of Mars, which the vehicle carried with it for this purpose, is to search for life that may still remain a trace of it in the Red Planet, if it had a previous or present presence in it, even if it was of a primitive microbial type.
This is in addition to studying the planet’s geology and climate, and then collecting samples of rocks, soil and stones, to be transported by a joint mission between NASA and the European Space Agency, in the year 2031, from Mars to Earth, to analyze and study them in the depth they deserve.
Despite the lack of pictures, scientists and engineers at NASA were dazzled by them, including Steve Collins, an expert in steering control at the Puerperium Laboratory in California.
“Collins” said that these pictures “leave minds dazed and dazzled,” adding that the US space agency “got some really cool things,” according to Al Arabiya.
The situation in Egypt
The situation around the world
#Live #scenes #Red #Planet #AlMasry #AlYoum #reveals #truth #Terrifying #Sounds #video #Mars