Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Two lawsuits for rape, 3 deposits-fire and one …


By Panagiotis Stathis

A barrage of new testimonies against him opens as everything shows, the arrest, detention and prosecution of the director and actor Dim. Lignadis, for serial rape. The downfall of the top theater man and former artistic director of the National Theater is deafening and the details recorded in the complaints are creepy. His journey has a limit station: Next Wednesday, when the investigator and the prosecutor will decide on his temporary detention or not. In the meantime, the accused will remain a security guard, and will prepare his defense. His attitude towards the accusations is negative, and will be further determined by what is mentioned in the case file. “He denies all accusations, he is an honest man,” said his lawyer Nikos Georgouleas after his arrest.

New complaints?


The week, however, is expected to be full of developments, given that there are heaps of information, that new complaints against him are imminent from people who after the stormy pace of the investigation by the Prosecutor’s Office (prosecutors Spyropoulos and Stefanatos) are expected to come and give new elements.

Sp. Bibilas, president of the Association of Greek Actors, is testifying today at the Prosecutor’s Office after a prosecutor’s summons, asking him to submit the files from the actors’ allegations of sexual harassment in order to be evaluated criminally. Among the accused, according to information, is the director, as of course other well-known names.

How he was arrested

In order for the authorities to reach Lignadis’ arrest, an express investigation was preceded by the two prosecutors who collected the material, Costas Spyropoulos and Nikos Stefanatos. There had been two lawsuits and 3 testimonies that unfolded the tangle and the prosecutors considered that they now have the evidence that constitutes the raw material to be prosecuted for the crime of rape (in a row) against a minor. The prosecution reportedly includes two cases of rape, namely:

– The lawsuit filed on Friday morning in the Prosecutor’s Office for this crime allegedly committed in 2010, against (then) a 14-year-old person, who complained that he fell victim to the director while going to the Second High School.

– The complaint about the rape of another person, which arose from the first lawsuit filed against the actor for an act that has expired. This is the lawsuit of Vassilis K. who, as in the case of Sofia Bekatorou, paved the way for another unsigned case to come to light. This person was summoned by the prosecutor and allegedly claimed that he was also raped by the specific director in the last six years. In other words, the offenses are not statute-barred.

-Serious evidence is said to have been submitted yesterday by a female witness, who according to information belonged to the very close environment of the director until 2017. He reportedly referred to the director’s actions and the way he approached minors

-Also serious information is said to have been brought in late Friday night by a young man and specifically to confirm the allegations of the 25-year-old who in a lawsuit filed against the famous actor and director accuses him of seduction and rape at the age of 14, in 2010. The witness testified at the suggestion of the 25-year-old, who proposed him as a witness stating that he was in the company of children that the director made immoral suggestions.

According to information, the witness confirmed the alleged rape of the 25-year-old, saying that he is sure that he is telling the truth, judging by the director’s behavior.

He previously claimed that he was at the director’s house when, together with the plaintiff and other peers, the director offered them alcohol and drugs and then suggested that they all have sex together. The young man allegedly claimed that the company left the house immediately and he never took it again.

The arrest warrant and details

At the same time, the warrant and its descriptions highlight the special characteristics of the acts attributed to Dimitris Lignadis.

However, this does not give him a risk of escape, since in two cases (one at the prosecutor’s office a few days ago and one at the security the day before yesterday, shortly before the warrant was issued) he stated his exact address and presence if and when requested. That is why he voluntarily went to the security and surrendered when it became known to him that an arrest warrant had been issued.

This, as a reason, highlights the possibility of committing new crimes by the former head of the State Theater. The Prosecutors who requested the issuance of the arrest warrant from the competent investigator and the court clerk themselves, invoke a very serious series of special circumstances which, in their judgment, make it necessary to arrest and detain the accused until his apology.

The warrant reportedly does not refer to the risk of the accused escaping but to the risk of committing new, high-value crimes, describing a cunning and methodical criminal act. A modus operandi, ie in the preparation and execution of the acts, but also in the selection of victims, which according to the judicial authorities highlights the gravity of the accusation of serial rape attributed to him.

8 reasons

The warrant mentions eight reasons that mainly concern the particular characteristics of the criminal action attributed to the actor-director by facts, but also the continuation of the act of rape.

According to information, the arrest warrant states that the following conditions are met against the artist:

Serious signs of guilt for serial rape.

The particularly sensitive age of the victims.

The way of action with a methodical and systematic approach as well as with cultivating a climate of trust.

The exploitation of the professional capacity of the accused.

The use of violence, as from the evidence in the case file, seems to have led his victims to a state of anesthesia or disability.

The obsession and criminal momentum for many years, it seems.

The selection of persons from vulnerable categories with victims mostly foreign minors and finally

The existence of serious indications that he has planned similar acts against minors.

Read more:

* In the prosecutor’s office the complaints about the contacts of unaccompanied minors and Lignadis



#lawsuits #rape #depositsfire

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot Topics

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...

Related Articles

The European Agency and the WHO also gave a recommendation for the elderly – the Society

The first quantities of Astrazeneka's vaccine, 150,000 doses, arrived in Serbia over the weekend, and Marija Gnjatović from the Institute for the Application...

The “SEHA” Radiology Conference explores the latest innovations and technological developments – UAE – News and Reports

The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, "SEHA", organized the 10th session of the "SEHA" International Conference on Radiology recently, which comes in line...

Suspect confesses to killing critical Maltese journalist in 2017 | NOW

A suspect in the killing of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana...