Indian and Chinese troops have been at loggerheads in the Pangong Lake area of Ladakh since May last year. As the situation worsened in June, there were casualties on both sides. Twenty-four people were killed in a bloody clash between the two countries’ armies. The situation could have been more dire, but it could have been avoided, said Lt. Gen. Y. K. Josie.
He said the two sides were on the brink of war on Pangong Lake. Especially after the capture of Kailash Range by the Indian Army on 29 and 30 August, the situation reached its climax. That time was quite challenging.
However, with the onset of winter, the situation in the area has calmed down. The truth is that neither China nor India wants a war. After that June conflict, both sides did not want more casualties. The process of calming the situation was underway on both sides. Evidence of which is found in multiple meetings at the military level. At a meeting on January 24, China and India agreed to withdraw troops from Pangong Lake.
In a statement issued on February 10, Chinese military spokesman Senior Colonel Wu Quin said that the ninth round of talks with the Indian military had decided that the two sides would withdraw troops from Pangong Lake and its environs. Which will be effective from February 10.
Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh has also confirmed the withdrawal. He said the Indian troops would be gradually removed from Pangong Lake.
Ittefaq / TR
#Pangong #agrees #avoid #IndoChina #conflict #troops #moved