News of the haircut of a 16-year-old girl in the UK has now spread all over the world. Not only that, the hair that was swallowed by the girl was round in the abdomen of the girl and it was 48 cm long. Even more frightening is the fact that the hair has torn the lining of her stomach. The 48 cm long hair was spread all over the girl’s stomach. She suffered from Rapunzel Syndrome. This rare disease is caused by swallowing hair in humans.
It is said that the girl suddenly lost consciousness twice. After that he was taken to the hospital. Falling unconscious caused injuries to his face and palate. Doctors found that her upper abdomen was swollen. Initially, they thought it was because of a head injury. However, the girl admitted that she has felt a lot of pain in her abdomen several times in the last 5 months.
However, the pain increased a lot in the two months before he was admitted to the hospital. The CT scan revealed that the lining of the membrane adjacent to his stomach was torn and some large objects were stuck in his stomach.
It is learned that the girl had a habit of tearing her own hair and swallowing it in her mouth. This disease is called trichotillomania. The hair was so long that it took the shape of a stomach.
According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, between 0.5% and 3% of people suffer from trichotillomania at some point in their lives. On the other hand, 10% to 30% of people have trichotillomania as well as trichophysia. An 18-year-old girl died in a similar incident. The teenager was released from the hospital within 7 days. However, the matter has really made the parents think.
Source: Kolkata24, G News.
#teenager #long #hair #stomach #voice #tomorrow