A number of experts have recently suggested wearing multiple masks to increase protection from the Corona virus. With proper use, doubling a mask can reduce the risk of transmission by up to 90 percent.
This method is also recommended by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the United States. But of course it cannot be arbitrary, there are rules so that the combination of double masks can provide maximum protection.
Then, how to use duplicate masks accurately?
Spokesperson for the COVID-19 Task Force, Prof. Wiku Adisasmito, in a recent press conference conveyed several recommendations regarding the use of multiple or double masks. Among them:
- Avoid masks that have air valves because they have the potential to open up the virus
- Avoid using two medical masks at the same time
- KN95 masks should not be combined with other masks.
“One of the new methods recommended by the CDC is to use medical masks covered with cloth masks,” he explained.
More Trending Using Multiple Masks, Here’s the Recommendation of the COVID-19 Task Force Photo: detikHealth infographic
Other ways to increase the effectiveness of using masks are as follows:
- Using a mask that has a nose wire or wire in the nose
- Using an elastic mask support to minimize air gaps
- Tie rubber ears and fold the mask if the mask is larger than the face size.
Watch Video “Watch out! Here’s How To Get Rid Of The Right Mask“
#Note #Recommendation #COVID19 #Task #Force #Multiple #Masks